Web Stats Tracked By Google Analytics

Thursday, August 5, 2010

08/04/10 Bridgeport Resident Rick Torres's Opponent Receives Endorsement For His 'Moderate Views'


LIBERAL REPUBLICAN OPPONENT RECEIVES ENDORSEMENT FOR HIS 'MODERATE VIEWS'


Bridgeport Friends,

Today the Connecticut Post announced their endorsement of my liberal Republican opponent, Dan Debicella. Their reasoning for endorsing Dan: "Before Rep. Jim Himes took office two years ago, the Fourth District was for decades represented by sensible, moderate Republicans who were willing to work across party lines to build support for common-sense solutions. Dan Debicella represents the best chance for the Republican Party to return to those roots."

The Connecticut Post has confirmed what I have been saying all along; they endorsed Dan Debicella because he has no Conservative principles.

Conservatives are realizing the truth--the truth that liberal Republicans led us down this road to serfdom. I lived under Communism as a child in Cuba; I experienced the hopelessness of life in the world of government-run public housing in Bridgeport; I understand tyranny. While Dan was being told how to think at Harvard alongside his peer Democrat Jim Himes, I was guided to my Conservative core by my life experience.


Dan Debicella's career is limited to writing laws to govern we the people. As a state legislator, Dan did nothing as Connecticut took on the highest per-capita debt load in the county. Dan actions led to the downgrading of our state's credit rating. He failed to fight the battle to save our state; he will not fight for us in Washington.
I stand by the words of Barry Goldwater: "
extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!"

We don't have to accept a return to moderation and a progressive Republican party. A dozen prominent conservative entities have endorsed me, including the Honorable Ron Paul. Together we can defeat Dan Debicella on August 10th. I am ready, willing and able to fight for capitalism and the Constitution, but I need your help.

Polls show that we are within single digits of defeating Dan Debicella. Your support now will put us over the top. I need to raise an additional $10,000 by 4:00 PM Friday to get out the vote on election day. Every dollar you donate will spread our message of liberty to voters in my district. Please help me defeat my liberal Republican opponent. Your donation of $50, $100, $500 or more will let me carry the banner of our cause into November. Thank you for your continued support.


P.S. Please click here to listen to my appearance on Mark Levin.

Sincerely,

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Raw Bridgeort Blog And RSS Feed

Popular Bridgeport Roundup Posts - All Time

Popular Bridgeport Roundup Posts - Last 30 days

Popular Bridgeport Roundup Posts - Last 7 Days